BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Goin' Down Music Video

You'll Love Me When I'm Famous Album

You'll Love Me When I'm Famous Album

The Dropouts Website Link

Friday 9 September 2011

Music and Me

Girls Don't Like Boys - Good Charlotte


 I chose this soing to reflect my time at primary school because it was one of the first songs I liked outside of the pop genre. My class was over two thirds male, it was probably because of this that I became gradually more tomboyish. For a long time, I only knew the song through everybody singing it, so when I first heard it wperfomed by Good Charlotte I remember being really excited that it was even better than I initially thought. I was also slighly judgmental of people who liked listening to harder, 'angry' rock music, so it was also a lesson to me that other genres can be just as good. My music taste has been incredibly wide ever since.

Childhood Song Shortlist 
Reach - S Club 7
Thunderbirds are  Go - Busted
Joseph's Coat of Many Colours - Joseph and the Amazing Multicoloured Dreamcoat



Spiralling - Keane



This is the song I've chosen to reflect my early teenage years. Though I didn't realise at the time, I was quite an emo child, although I was very subtle about it, which explains why the most emo my music got was Keane songs. I remeber listening to the lyrics one day and realising that they almost fully matched my life and the way I felt about things, and being happy that I'd finally found a song that 'got' me. Although it isn't really an accurate representation of me anymore, I still love the song, and use it as a running track.

Early Teenage Years Shortlist
Unwritten - Natasha Bedingfield
Overprotected - Britney Spears
Angels - Robbie Williams


Hey Soul Sister - Glee Cast



I chose this clip because it features a song I love, on a show I love, sung by some unknown actor called Darren Criss. I like it because it's arguably one of the Glee covers that manages to outdo the original, and the performance is so happy and enthusiatic that you can't help feeling like that too.

Current Songs Playlist
Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
Love Like Woe - The Ready Set
Heart Skips a Beat - Olly Murs

0 comments: